3.03.2014

Sounds Like Mardi Gras!

Alright ya'll. I'm a wee bit excited because tomorrow is a Louisiana girl's favorite holiday:



And holy smokes I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. Living in Georgia does put a damper on my parade (ha, no pun intended), but in my family, we still party. Now, I could bore you with an awesome history of Mardi Gras, how it was when I was growing up in Louisiana, and why you should embrace the awesome holiday of Mardi Gras even if you've never been to Louisiana (or the South for that matter), but I won't. Instead I am going to fill your home with some of the music we listen to that gets us in the mood for Mardi Gras. 

If you've never listened to South Louisiana music, this music is going to sound real strange to you. It's not country and it's not jazz (like most people think New Orleans is all about). But it's feel good music that floods my mind with sweet memories. 

So just sit back, relax, indulge in something spicy, and listen to the sounds of Mardi Gras!

"Go to the Mardi Gras" - Classic get psyched for Mardi Gras song

"Mardi Gras Mambo" - My favorite as a kid to sing at the top of my lungs

"Here Comes the Big Parade" - Here's some less-weird Mardi Gras music for those that just aren't sure about all this yet

"La Danse De Mardi Gras" - Okay and here's the really weird stuff I was talking about. But it's fun!

Enjoy!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment